The ReachOut Psychosis program meets several fo the BC Prescribed Learning Outcomes for 2008. Please see below for a list of PLO’s met.
BC – Prescribed Learning Outcomes, 2008
Personal Development (Mental Well-Being)
To develop in students an appropriate sense of personal worth, potential, and autonomy as well as a sense of their relationships with others.
It is expected that students will:
- Grade 8
- identify factors that contribute to emotional health and well-being
- describe the characteristics of personal autonomy
- examine the influence that friends have on individuals’ attitudes and behaviour
- Grade 9
- show respect for others
- relate their accomplishments to their sense of personal worth, potential, and autonomy
- design and implement a plan to promote personal, school, and community well-being
- Grade 10
- propose strategies for enhancing and maintaining emotional health and well-being
- encourage respect for others
- Grade 11 and 12
- relate emotional health and well-being to personal productivity and to the workplace
- design, implement, assess, and evaluate a plan to promote personal, school, and community well-being
Personal Development (Substance Abuse Prevention)
To develop in students the ability to make responsible decisions regarding substance use as they develop a healthy lifestyle.